Friday, January 30, 2015

Fresh Take: Vader and Stormtroopers


Fanart redesign of Star Wars for the Brainstorm Challenge 17
"I couldn't resist a poster with these guys.

Explanation for the theme, from the brain storm Facebook group.

Long ago in a land far, far away...

This was a fun challenge, and I'm kind of bummed I'm done, because I had such fun thinking this universe up. I wanted to do a historical take. But not the regular Samurai Star Wars take. Those are great, but I wanted to play with my imagination more then just set them in feudal Japan.

I imagined how would costumes look in a ww1 like setting level of technology. For the Star Wars story. If History had taken a different turn?

If samurai aesthetic would have advance to the wars of the early 20th century? How would this affect armor and there weapons?

What if the Matchlock/Flintlock guns had progressed to be on par if not superior to ww1 era guns? And how would a Saber/Katana work with a plausible tech that could have been developed in that time period? With the same benefits that the light sabers have in the source material? Like I said I had a lot of fun with this, perhaps too much fun? It was fascinating to research the history of Japan. As well as induction technology, and Matchlock/Flintlock's. It was a fun rabbit hole to follow."









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...