Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Sweets: Dalek Candies



These are so well painted, I initially thought that they were plastic toys.  Mundy put an incredible amount of effort into creating them, and I'm guessing that she'd make a killing if she ever decided to start selling these on Etsy.  They're a great gift idea, but I'm not sure if I'd ever be able to bring myself to eat one of them (especially that celery salt one.)
"In August I started thinking about what to get my boyfriend for Christmas. I had this BIG GREAT idea. I would make hand painted Tardises and Daleks chocolate candies and fill them with Doctor Who themed fillings and flavors. So, I've spent 4 months (very poorly) learning how to make chocolate candies. I've discovered that I am too poor to buy expensive chocolate or proper candy melts, I am -terrible- at tempering chocolate, I can not get the tardis out of the mold, and candy melts need to be kept warm using an electric skillet (or in my case a George Foreman grill) to keep them warm enough to use. I've learned a great deal of other things on this journey, but I'll keep it short.

I'm pretty proud of myself to be completely honest. They aren't perfect, but I really like how they came out. These 6 took me 15 hours collectively. These are completely edible. Made of Wilton candy melts, lustre dust, chocolate, and each a different filling.

I don't remember which one is which, but the fillings are:
Jelly Babies
Jammie Dodgers
Celery Salt
Custard and Breadcrumbs
Banana Pudding
"Air From My Lungs" Hollow"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...