Thursday, May 30, 2013

Download: 3D-Printable Cyvasse


Fan-Created 3D-Printable Cyvasse Set from Thingiverse
Via: Reddit

Arian Croft of IllGottenGames and his friend Nate Stephens have pieced together a version of the game of Cyvasse, the chess-like board game mentioned in George R.R. Martin’s A Song of Fire and Ice series.  What's more, they've made their version of the game free to download, along with a specific set of rules extrapolated from the text. Read other interpretations of The Rules of Cyvasse online.

"This is my attempt to translate the chess-like game featured in George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire novels (Game of Thrones). Being a huge fan of the man and his work, I wanted to try and give his game the best translation I could. Working with my good friend (and studious Martin scholar) Nate Stephens, I adapted the game to include everything mentioned in the book into a rules set I found believable for a game made during the emulated time period, while also keeping the games in mind that Martin has mentioned as inspiration during interviews. So, Let me know if you get to printing / playing it, and if you have any suggestions for rules adjustments, variants, etc, post in the comments below and let's get a dialogue going."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...