Friday, December 17, 2010

Posters: Tron and Tron Legacy


These posters from artist Eric Tan are 16" x 24" screen prints featuring glow in the dark inks. Each one is hand numbered, and only 240 of each print will be available. Price: $40 each
"When creating posters for each of the ‘Tron’ films, what immediately came to mind were the parallels between the two worlds and how it had progressed over the years. Since similar elements such as disks, light cycles, and recognizers exist in both, I thought showing the contrast between new and old was a visually interesting angle to play up. Linking the two main characters was something I thought would add to the storytelling and the father/son dynamic between Kevin and Sam Flynn. To me, those films are amazing examples of visual ‘candy,’ and I hope I was able to capture that in my posters."

1 comment:

  1. I love them! I like the use of similar ideas within the movies to emphasise the progression of graphics technology. There's some serious want going on right now :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...